Friday, January 17, 2014

0

How to fix unable to show hidden files and folders in Windows 7

Hi guys it’s been a long time since I last posted an article here at my blog. And today I will share to all of you the method I used to fix the unable to show hidden files and folder in my Windows 7. First of all I would like to tell you that I already tried to show hidden files and folder by selecting the Show hidden files, folders, and drives option in Folder Options however it always getting back to Hide hidden files, folders, and drives. So I decided to experiment on my computer hoping that I will find the solution for it. And after expending sometime sitting in front of my computer I already found the solution. Which I would like to share to you hoping that it will also fix your own similar problem.

Preparation

Before you tried to fix your own similar problem make sure to first scan your computer with an antivirus and antimalware. To make sure that there’s no virus left on your computer that can make your computer unable to show hidden files and folders because most of the time this kind of problem is cause by a virus. So make sure to do that first. Also your user account should have an administrator privilege in order to run registry editor which we will be using later.

Procedure

  1. First open the Run dialog by pressing the Windows Logo + R keys.
    run dialog
  2. And then in the Run dialog type regedit and press the Enter key. The Registry Editor will be opened.
    registry editor
  3. Now in the left pane of Registry Editor go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Folder\Hidden\SHOWALL.
    showall key
  4. Now look in the right pane of Registry Editor. You will see that there’s an item named CheckedValue. Double click it to edit its value.
    checkedvalue valueedit checkedvalue
  5. Next change the value from 2 to 1 or if the value is different from 2 just change it to 1. Then click the OK button.
    edit checkedvalueshowall key default
  6. Next close the Registry Editor and then restart your computer. After that you can now show hidden files and folders using the Folder Options.
    folder options
That’s it we are done! I hope that it solve your problem. If you have some question regarding this tutorial feel free to post a comment and I will try to answer your question.

0 comments:

Post a Comment