Thursday, September 26, 2013

0

How to fix Mozilla Firefox Hang

Sometimes when I'm browsing the web using one of my favorite browser, Mozilla Firefox, it freezes and hang temporarily. It doesn't bother me at first but after it happens again and again that's the time I'm become more curious about it. So I did some experiment regarding that problem and found out a simple solution for that. So in this tutorial I will share it to you guys.

First of all this tutorial applies only to newer version of Mozilla Firefox. Older version like version 3.5 doesn't have this problem.

Base on my experiment that problem may be cause by a plugin/add-on or/and the Mozilla Maintenance Service. Because of that disabling one or all of those will make your Firefox responsive. To disable or remove a plugin just click the button at the upper left corner of Mozilla Firefox with a label Firefox and then click the add-ons menu. From the page that will open you can choose the plugin/add-on that you want to disable or remove. And for disabling the Mozilla Maintenance Service just refer to this article of Mozilla but I prefer uninstalling it in Contral Panel and just manually download the latest installer when it is available.

Does it work for you? Or do you have something to say? You can leave a comment.

0 comments:

Post a Comment